Attorney – at – law
Specialist lawyer for commercial and corporate law
Specialist lawyer for international business law
Certified business succession advisor (ZentUma e.V.)
Incoterms 2020 trainer (ICC Germany e.V.)
- born 1975
- studies of law at the Albert-Ludwigs-University in Freiburg i.Br. and at the UNIGE, University of Geneva (CH)
- legal trainee at the Regional Court of Constance with stations at the Public Prosecutor’s Office of Constance, the Local Court of Villingen-Schwenningen and the Legal Office of the City of Lörrach as well as
- work experience abroad with the law firm James J. Warner Law Offices in San Diego (CA) USA.
- lawyer since 2002
- specialised lawyer for commercial and corporate law since 2006
- specialised lawyer for international business law since 2014
- certified business succession advisor (ZentUma e.V.) since 2013
- accredited Incoterms 2010 trainer (ICC Germany International Chamber Of Commerce) since 2016
- successful participation in the specialist lawyer course “Tax Law” (2003)
areas of law
- corporate law, start-up consulting
- international business law
- M&A & corporate succession
- entrepreneurial day-to-day business
- commercial legal protection
- criminal law & compliance
- real estate & construction
- condominium & rent
main areas of practice
- advising companies in all areas of commercial and corporate law and international business transactions (including English-language contracts) as well as in general commercial and civil law.
- advising on company formations and transformations as well as corporate transactions of all kinds.
- further focus on commercial and private landlord and tenant law as well as on intellectual property law.
- lecturer at the Baden-Wuerttemberg Cooperative State University in Lörrach for civil, commercial and corporate law in the English-language course of studies “International Business”.
“The Settlement of Businesses in Germany – A Guide”
from the series:
Schriften zur Grenzüberschreitenden Zusammenarbeit
2015 NOMOS Verlag, Baden-Baden ISBN 978-3-8487-2299-0
2015 DIKE Verlag AG, Zurich/ St. Gallen ISBN 978-3-03751-700-0
see also under News 04.08.2015
- German bar association
- Lörrach bar association
- working group on commercial and corporate law of the DAV
- Lions Club Weil am Rhein
Ongoing advice and representation of a large medium-sized mechanical engineering company in connection with international supply agreements, research and development agreements, cooperation agreements, financing agreements (esp. guarantee credit business, Hermes guarantees for export business)
Conception and preparation of all contractual documents for the internal succession of a medium-sized family business with a transaction volume of approx. € 6 million (consideration of various participations in non-European countries, consideration of inheritance law, family law and tax law circumstances, structuring of the transaction taking into account the greatest possible preservation of liquidity, parallel development of a suitable testamentary arrangement on the shareholder side).
Advising the majority shareholder of a large medium-sized group of companies on the conception and implementation of contractual as well as testamentary succession arrangements with a total volume of approx. € 40 million (taking into account the patchwork family structure, compensation for a beneficiary of a compulsory portion by transferring real estate and cash assets in exchange for a waiver of the compulsory portion, alignment of corporate law circumstances with the planned succession solution, consideration of cross-border issues, etc.).
Advising a Swiss investment company in connection with the acquisition of all shares in a leisure facilities limited partnership in Germany, total transaction volume approx. € 4 million.
Advising a Philippine logistics group in connection with the intended acquisition of a German logistics company with a total volume of approximately €3 million.
Advising and representing the heirs of a surprisingly deceased sole proprietor in connection with the accrual of the inheritance, possibilities of limiting liability in the future ongoing business by means of transformation (spin-off of the business from the undivided community of heirs to be absorbed by a simultaneously newly established unitary GmbH & Co. KG, minimization of tax effects and sale of a majority of the company while ensuring universal succession, dissolution of the community of heirs).