- Born in 1965
- Studied at the Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelms University in Bonn
- Legal clerkship at the Higher Regional Court of Cologne with elective clerkship at VSUD, Association of Swiss Companies in Germany in Basel
- Dissertation on the subject of litigation settlement and interim legal protection proceedings under competition law
- Lecturer at the ARBER publishing house in the context of training lawyers to become specialists in inheritance law 2006 to 2008
- Lecturer at the Baden-Württemberg Cooperative State University in Lörrach for commercial and corporate law 2008 – 2018
- Specialist lawyer for inheritance law since 2009
- 1st Chairman of the Lörrach Lawyers’ Association since 2009
- Specialist lawyer for building and architectural law since 2012
- Certified executor (AGT) since 2013
- President of the Lions Club Lörrach relief organisation since 2014
- Mediator since 2015
- Foreign language: English
Areas of activity
- Inheritance & Inheritance
- International Inheritance Law
- Real Estate & Construction
- M&A & Corporate Succession
Dr. Krebs advises you on all questions of inheritance law, whether it is the transfer of real estate during life, if necessary subject to the reservation of rights of use, your own succession planning by drawing up testamentary dispositions (will, contract of inheritance) or after the occurrence of the succession in connection with the settlement of communities of heirs or in the case of rights to a compulsory portion. If necessary, he represents your rights before courts throughout Germany.
When it comes to questions of private provision through general powers of attorney, health care powers of attorney or living wills, Dr. Krebs will work with you to determine the specific need for action and explain the legal instruments available in each case in order to develop custom-fit solutions here as well.
In the case of defect rights in construction, Dr. Krebs will explain to you the various options for defending or asserting them. His particular focus is on choosing the right sequence of available measures at the right time and the right legal proceedings should a dispute arise.
Dr. Krebs regularly publishes articles in print media on questions of inheritance law and pension planning and gives lectures on these topics.
He is a guest speaker for companies, either at events or for internal staff training.
- German Bar Association (DAV)
- Lörrach Bar Association (Chair)
- German Association for Inheritance Law and Property Succession
- Working Groups Inheritance Law
- Working Group Building and Architectural Law
- Lions Club Lörrach
- TV Grenzach Triathlon
Successful representation of an architect in defence against a claim for exceeding construction costs (cost guarantee declaration, exceeding agreed construction cost sum, failure to determine costs in a timely manner).
Realisation of the claim to the compulsory portion of the disinherited daughter where there is a risk that the widow (stepmother) with foreign citizenship and substantial real property abroad will move away by obtaining an attachment order on all domestic property and entering an attachment mortgage on the only real property located in Germany.
Conception and preparation of all contractual documents for the family-internal company succession of a medium-sized family business with a transaction volume of approx. € 6 million (consideration of various participations in non-European countries, consideration of inheritance law, family law and tax law circumstances, structuring of the transaction taking into account the greatest possible preservation of liquidity, parallel development of a suitable testamentary arrangement on the shareholder side).
Advising the majority shareholder of a large medium-sized group of companies Conceptualisation and implementation of the contractual as well as testamentary arrangement of the succession with a total volume of approx. € 40 million (taking into account the patchwork family structure, compensation of a beneficiary of a compulsory portion by transfer of real estate and cash assets against waiver of the compulsory portion, alignment of the corporate law circumstances with the planned succession solution, taking into account cross-border circumstances etc.).
Advising and representing the heirs of a sole proprietor who died unexpectedly in connection with the accrual of the inheritance, possibilities of limiting liability in the future ongoing business by means of transformation (spin-off of the business from the undivided community of heirs to be absorbed by a simultaneously newly established Einheits-GmbH & Co. KG, minimisation of tax effects and sale of a majority of the business while ensuring universal succession, dissolution of the community of heirs).